Thursday, February 16, 2017

3mm Napoleonic French

I've been working on my 3mm French for Blucher over the past few months and I'm pleased to say that I have the first stage done.  I'm basing my forces on the "Along the Danube" starter scenario published on the Honor downloads page.  I figured the French and Austrian forces outlined for the scenario would give me a couple of pretty well balanced armies to start out with.  

Since the last time I posted about my 3mm napoleonics, I have settled on smaller bases.  I originally thought I wanted larger bases than Curt on the Analogue Hobbies blog, but I realized that the smaller bases would make make it possible to use a smaller tabletop for regular sized battles and allow me to recreate sprawling battles on a regular 6x4 board.  

Anyhow, thus far I have painted up 4 stands of Hussars, 2 stands of dragoons, 2 stands of cuirassiers, 2 stands of horse artillery, 2 stands of foot artillery, and 6 stands of infantry.  I have 6 more infantry stands to finish off but I'm almost ready to move on to the Austrians.  

The pictures are of varying quality.  I tried using my girlfriend's SLR camera but clearly I still need a bit more practice at getting it focused.





 Cuirassier

 Dragoons
 1st-4th Hussars. 


 horse artillery
 foot artillery






No comments:

Post a Comment