Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Commission Updates

Looks like it’s been almost a year since I last posted here... hopefully I’ll do better this year. Since I last posted, I’ve finished off a few more commissions. Unfortunately the amount of commission work I’ve been doing means I haven’t had much time to work on my own stuff. I have however been able to put in some work on my 3mm Napoleonic project, meaning that the long awaited goal of being able to run a game of Blücher is finally within reach. I just have to finish off a few more French infantry bases and a couple bases of Austrian hussars. 

As far as commissions go, I finished off the 28mm DAK I showed you guys last time.  That was a rather large job consisting of two full infantry platoons plus an hmg, mortar, and AT gun for each platoon, plus the tanks I had already done. Unfortunately I lost my cell phone a while back so I lost the pictures of the rest of the infantry I painted. They all looked pretty much like the guys in the first batch so no big loss I suppose. Maybe one of these days I could get my customer to sent me some pictures of the completed force. I do have a couple of pictures of the last few guys I did as I painted them some time later than the bulk of the job and thus after I lost all of my photos.



The next job I did was a 28mm Canadian platoon. These were the warlord figures included in the British army box. I must say, they were a significant change from working on the Perry minis I had been painting from the DAK job. They were very different to assemble and painted in a completely different way. The faces did seem to have a bit more character which was fun to bring out in the Painting. For the Canadians I painted: 5x 10 man squads, command section, 6 pounder, 25 pounder, light mortar team, hmg team, 2x snipers, plus a few other random NCOs, Bren teams and whatnot. Unfortunately these also fell victim to the phone loss disaster so the only pictures I have are a few pieces I completed after I got my new phone.





The next job I finished up was the 8th army force to go up against the DAK I painted before. This commission consisted of two full infantry platoons plus a mortar, HMG, and 6 pounder for each. Finally I have photos of the whole force:














The last thing I finished was the vehicles to go with the desert rats above. These included a grant, 4x crusaders, and 3x trucks. The customer picked the camouflage patterns. The grant is a pattern used at El Alamein and the crusaders are in the Caunter scheme. While I’m not sure caunter would have been used on crusaders like this, it did turn out looking badass so I supposed it works. 





















Lastly, I painted up a few bits of 40k stuff I had lying around to sell on eBay. 







I think that gets me pretty much caught up as far as commissions go. I did get some of my own stuff done which I’ll post up here soon. I’m hoping to finish up my 3mm Blücher Painting and move on to getting some of my terrain ideas fleshed out for it. 

Right now I’m working on a big batch of 28mm late War German armor. It’s nearing completion so it should be up here soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment