Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Been Awhile...

I've kinda let this blog fall by the wayside these past couple of years.  I've been busy with school and work and really haven't had much interest in taking the time to post here.  However, I recently decided that since I'm still spending a lot of time painting and modelling, mostly on various commissions, I might as well post whatever I'm working on up here.  Besides, posting here will give me something to do between classes (or during the more boring ones) other than check Facebook or Reddit.

Anyways here are some pictures of commissions I've worked on recently:

First up some tanks from a US commission I finished up awhile ago.  
 Some US Jumbos 
 These guys really paint up really well (with the exception of the track of which I have had mediocre casts in all four of the boxes I've painted thus far)
 Some M4A3 lates 
 Aaaand the Easy Eights.  These guys are hard not to make look badass.  With the amount of US stuff I paint, I've done something like 25 of these bad boys and they're always my favorite of the batch.  
 Some DAK Germans.  I tried using edge hi-lighting instead of dry brushing on these guys and I really like how much it made them pop.  I also used the hi-light color to underline some of the larger chips and scratches and that really brought them out.  I can definitely see myself using this edge hi-lighting and the paint chip lining this going forward.    
 These Italian Semoventes and armored cars are part of the batch of stuff I have on the painting table right now.  This was my first try at Italians and I found the color tricky to get right - I think mine are too yellow.  Let me know what y'all think 
 Google told me that Italian tankers had a blue-grey uniform so that's what I went with.  Not sure if its right but I like the splash of color it brings.  
 And here's the state of the painting desk right now. 

 In the back are some US half-tracks and jeeps that are more or less done - all they need is some pigment for the tracks and wheels.  This was my first time painting those pre-painted 15mm figs.  I'm not sure what they're called but they come pre-painted inboxes of five and are made, at least partially, with a rubbery sort of plastic. 

On the left are the Italians which just need some varnish.  The US infantry and gun teams just need some basing.  

The two big German tanks are a Sturer Emil and a Dicker max.  These are really cool tanks and have been fun to paint to far.  Thus far I've done the airbrushed panel hi-lighting, the edge hi-lighting, the chipping, underlined some chips with the hi-light color, and painted the road wheels rubber.  I did forget to do the decals before chipping which is unfortunate but it's such a hassle to gloss for the decals as it means I have to break out the airbrush to hit the model with matte varnish before proceeding with painting.    






No comments:

Post a Comment