Thursday, February 11, 2016

US Halftracks and German Big Cats

I just shipped off a batch of commission stuff.  I didn't bother taking pictures of everything because the rest of it was pretty standard US infantry and some jeeps but here are my favorites from the batch.

 Dicker Max
 Sturer Emil 

  These are just bog standard US halftracks but I thought it would be interesting to put them up here because they are the Point of Contact pre-painted stuff.  They actually paint up surprisingly well and have some pretty crisp detail for $25 a box.  The only issue I see it that the tracks and .50 Cals are a slightly more rubbery plastic.  

Next up is a couple of batteries of German arty with winter basing.  I also have a ton of German trucks and tractors to go along with the batteries.  They are supposed to be winter themed too but I'm not sure if trucks, or guns for that matter, were whitewashed.  If anybody knows please comment.  

After those I have a platoon of Germans and a platoon of Americans on individual bases to paint up for 15mm Chain of Command.  From the customer I have a bit of 6mm Cold War stuff headed my way to try out and see how long they will take (I've never painted 6mm before) so I can give him a better idea of pricing for painting more.  I'm really excited for these as I've always been interested in trying some 6mm moderns.  I have some experience painting moderns in 3mm so hopefully some of the techniques will carry over.  

No comments:

Post a Comment